Friday, September 5, 2014

Hats off to Derek Jeter and the Yankees

It was an epic night at Yankee stadium. From the weather, to the company, to the seats, to the final score. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect experience. 

I'm writing this blog a little late because I've been filming all day for Beyond The Offseason and just got home. So here's a re-cap of last night and my incredible Yankee Stadium experience...

I got to the stadium early to check everything out since this was my first time at the new Yankee stadium. I didn't want to miss a thing. My friend showed me the ropes so I was in good hands. He's a veteran Yankees fan and knew the lay of the land. From the time the first pitch was thrown, to the very end of the game, there was never a dull moment. 

After a few innings, it was time to check out more of the sights. I wanted to see the museum which ended up to be pretty cool. I even took a little batting practice while I was there. 

I proceeded to check out the collection of World Series rings - all 27 of them! I also saw a Yankees hat collection dating back to 1920! My Yankees Hat was especially excited to see this exhibit. As I took a stroll down memory lane and read about the history of the Yankees, I found myself at Thurman Munson's locker. It was a heartfelt moment. He was my favorite Yankee back in the day. He was quite a Captain and role model...reminds me of another Captain we all know and love. 

It was time to get back out to the game, which at this point, the Yankees were losing. We decided to check out the view from center field and it was pretty awesome. I stood right next to the bleacher creatures...and if you've never heard of the bleacher creatures, they're a group of Yankees fans who sit in section 203 in the right-field bleachers. They are known for their strict allegiance to the team and their merciless attitude to opposing fans. They were the loudest, craziest bunch in the stadium and they were awesome! I felt like I was among my people. So we made friends with the security guard nearby and stood above right center field next to a place called the "Batters Eye". I was happy in our new location. I could see the bull pen warming up, die hard Yankees fans cheering and chanting, and a view like no other. I was standing by myself for a few minutes to take it all in. I happened to be wearing my Bleeding Yankee Blue tank top with my Yankees hat and this random guy came up to me and asked me where I got my shirt. I told him Bleeding Yankee Blue and wouldn't you know it... He knew them too. He gave me instant access to the Audi Club Suite and yet another amazing Yankee experience. So thank you BYB for getting me noticed.

It was like a secret society high above left field. There were luxury seats and five star dining as well as free drinks, schmoozing and celebrity sightings. So I had a nice chat with my new friend, got introduced to a few more new friends, had a great meal and then went back out to the field for the rest of the game.

It was the bottom of the 9th. The Yankees were down by 1. The score was 4-3. Then all of a sudden, Teixeira ties it up with a blast to make it 4-4! The crowd went wild. But it doesn't stop there...Chase Headley comes up to bat and then...like nothing I've ever seen before...a glorious walk off home run to right-center field to win the game! He hit it right next to where we were standing! I've never heard a crowd cheer louder in my life! It was an amazing night and an epic win. Truly a night to remember! The Hat and I will never forget it.


Quote of the day... "There may be people who have more talent than you, but there is no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do" - Derek Jeter


No comments:

Post a Comment